Over in Germany there’s a Women-20 Summit going ahead of the G-20 Summit. If you want to read the guest list, and all the stellar accomplishments of those sent, you can check out the summit agenda.
The best and brightest are there: CEOs who built massive companies, scholars with doctorates, founders of hard-working charities, women whose work and intelligence created a new world.
Who represented the US? Ivanka.
She sat in on a panel called “Inspiring women: Scaling Up Women’s Entrepreneurship“ Moderated by Miriam Meckel
Who was on the panel?
- Her Majesty Queen Máxima of the Netherlands, UN Secretary General’s Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development and Honorary Chair of the G20 Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion
- Dr. Angela Merkel, Federal Chancellor of Germany
- Christine Lagarde, Managing Director, International Monetary Fund
- Chrystia Freeland, Minister for Foreign Affairs, Canada
- Juliana Rotich, BRCK
- Anne Finucane, Vice Chairwoman, Bank of America
- Dr. Nicola Leibinger-Kammüller, President and Chairwoman Trumpf GmbH + Co. KG
Among all those super hardworking, intelligent, dedicated women who fought and strove, Ivanka, who was listed as:
Ivanka Trump, First Daughter and Advisor to the President of the United States of America
I have nothing against Ivanka. If she and Jared were living in NYC, and she were going about running her very minor fashion brand, that’d be fine. But she didn’t make that choice.
I can think of no better was for a US president to show how little thinks of women and their abilities then to send, not a powerful, empowered, self-made American woman, but a child, a “daughter” — as if that’s even her accomplishment — who thinks she has advice to offer a president.
Apparently the audience hissed at her. I feel sorry for her. I really do. She just doesn’t seem to have clue. But being raised by a man like her father, it’s understandable. Truth, reality, education, work, law are all words with little meaning.